Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about The End of Summer


1. Back To School shopping- I love going back to school shopping for my kids. New clothes and the smell of new crayons and pencils.

2. The last camping trip- We always go on one final camping trip right before school starts. Kind of our last hoorah

3. Getting tons of mail from the schools wanting me to update the kids' information- Hey I did't say it was 13 All GOOD things about the end of summer.

4. Harvesting the vegetable garden- fresh zucchini, tomatoes, green beans, etc. Yummy.

5. Anticipating quiet days while the kids are in school- I sure miss my uninterrupted writing time.

6. Trees start changing colors- It's so pretty here when the leaves start to change. It's not quite happening here yet but it won't be long.

7. Cooler nights- makes it easier to sleep when it's not 85 degrees at ten o'clock pm

8. Birthday Season starts- We have birthday season here in our home because we have four birthdays in six weeks time. By the time it's over I'm worn out.

9. Hubby doesn't have to work so hard- He's an RV tech so the end of summer brings a sigh of relief for him. He's much less uptight in the fall and winter.

10. My muse opens up a bit- I don't seem to be able to muster as much creativity when it's so warm.

11. Fair- The county fair and all the fun that brings

12. Less ferry traffic- I live on a small island in the Puget Sound and during the summer the ferry traffic is horrible with all the tourists. When the kids go back to school, the tourists taper off and it's pleasant to drive through town again.

13. Fewer bugs- 'nuff said.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
  • Elle Fredrix




  • Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



    4 comments:

    Elle Fredrix said...

    The end of summer?? Please don't rush it!

    When do the kids go back to school there? Our kids don't go back until after Labour Day. Summer's only have over.

    Good to see you back Marie/Danielle!

    Danielle Marie Peck said...

    We have about a month until the kids go back but I'm already doing the back to school shopping, feeling the cooler nights, getting ready for that final camping trip and such...so it's not as far off as I'd like for it to be.

    Anonymous said...

    I've been out of school for 14 years (if math serves me, which it very rarely does!), but I STILL get twitchy when I see those back to school ads. Is it just me, or do they start earlier every year?

    Although, there was a GREAT one a few years back with Alice Cooper and his daughter at the Staples Center (he's in his heavy metal gear, she looks like a minature librarian). And she glares at him from behind her glasses and says, "You said school's out forever."

    "Summer," he corrects her as he pushes the cart down the aisle. "I said school's out for summer."

    I guess you have to be a fan (or at least have heard the song) to get the joke and the visual gag of Alice in a Staples store, but it remains one of my favorite ads--even if the mention of school does make me twitch!

    Danielle Marie Peck said...

    That sounds like a funny ad. I love going back-to-school shopping..probably because it means the kids are going back to school!!